Welcome to HamRadioNow.tv
The most important Amateur Radio program on the Internet*
We've added STITCHER to the podcast feed - Woo-hoo (with extra hoo)
By popular request (OK, one listener), we dug up what it takes to have the audio podcast available on Stitcher. 1000 pages of Terms and Conditions later, we're in*. Stitcher users probably don't need more than that, but just in case, here's the URL to find the show: http://www.stitcher.com/s?fid=163921&refid=stpr. You'll also find a link at the bottom of all the pages.
*It's possible we signed away our 'first born child' in the deal. Gary doesn't have kids. So the responsibility will fall to David if they ever come to collect. Unless maybe they'll take cats. In which case they'll have to deal with Cyndi. And note that some days will be better than others for picking one up.
Here's our latest episode:
All the recent HamRadioNow programs and audio downloads are hiding under the EPISODES menu at the top of every page.
HamRadioNow is an online television show, a webcast, an audio podcast, a YouTube show... whatever you want to call it, it's for and about Amateur Radio. Our hosts are Gary Pearce KN4AQ, and David Goldenberg W0DHG. Gary's been a ham for over 50 years, and a broadcaster for almost that long. David's a little newer, but he's dived head first into EmComm, Scouting, and public service.
And OK, we have kind of an identity problem.
- Sometimes we're a talk show, with guests from across the Ham Radio spectrum (little joke there). Gary thinks he does the best interviews in ham radio media, but that's really your call, isn't it?
- Sometimes we haul the gear out on location and do a magazine-style show or mini-documentary. Not often... that's a whole lot more work. And it's a lot more expensive.
- Sometimes we present forums and seminars from various Amateur Radio events like hamfests and conferences. That's expensive, too.
- Sometimes it's just strange stuff, like Gary pointing a camera out the window of his car while he drives cross-country, talking on the radio, or just talking to the audience. And those shows get the most favorable comments.
- And now we've added the EmComm Extra episodes that have an EmComm focus. (No, there's nothing 'extra' about them... we just like alliteration).
The show is recorded, not live, though often we push the Facebook Live button. But there's no set schedule. We average one program a week. You watch the show whenever you want, either right here on our Episode Pages, or on our YouTube Channel. It's all the same stuff. Or you can download just the audio and listen on your phone with our RSS feed.
* The most important Amateur Radio program on the Internet? A totally bogus, empty, made-up claim that sounds really good.
HamRadioNow is brought to you by you – we're supported by voluntary contributions from our viewers. If you want to help, you can make a one-time contribution by credit card, or monthly through Patreon. Just click the pig to get started (and finished).