Welcome to HamRadioNow.tv
Here are the current Episodes:
Again, we're stacking episodes up faster than you can watch them, so we'll leave a few on the home page for another week or two
The always entertaining Scotty Cowling WA2DFI has been working on a tiny corner of the Internet of Things, so he goes into that corner in detail at the 2016 ARRL & TAPR DCC. His little corner expands to fill the available space.
Bryan Fields W9CR talks about how the need for more (and more) Internet addresses was more or less ignored until it became urgent, and he updates us on the 5 GHz HamWAN network in Tampa.
HRN 291: Authenticated Telecommand using APRS
Brian Hoyer K7UDR at the 2016 DCC
HRN 292: PiGate Winlink Gateway, from the DCC
Mark Griffith KDØQYN builds a little box to carry to your next major disaster
HamRadioNow is an online television show, a webcast, a podcast, a YouTube show... whatever you want to call it, it's for and about Amateur Radio. Our host is Gary Pearce KN4AQ. Gary's been a ham for over 50 years, and a broadcaster for almost that long.
The show is recorded, not live, and there's no set schedule, though on average we make one program a week. You watch the show whenever you want, either right here on our Episode Pages, or on our YouTube Channel. It's all the same stuff. Or you can download just the audio and listen on your phone with our RSS feed.
OK, we have kind of an identity problem.
- Sometimes we're a talk show, with guests from across the Ham Radio spectrum (little joke there). Gary thinks he does the best interviews in ham radio media, but that's really your call, isn't it?
- Sometimes we haul the gear out on location and do a magazine-style show or mini-documentary. Not often... that's a whole lot more work. And it's a lot more expensive.
- Sometimes we present forums and seminars from various Amateur Radio events like hamfests and conferences. That's expensive, too.
- Sometimes it's just strange stuff, like Gary pointing a camera out the window of his car while he drives cross-country, talking on the radio, or just talking to the audience. And those shows get the most favorable comments.
- And now we've added the EmComm Extra - episodes that have an EmComm focus and a regular co-host! - David Goldenberg W0DHG. (No, there's nothing 'extra' about them... we just like alliteration)
HamRadioNow is brought to you by you – we're supported by voluntary contributions from our viewers. If you want to help, you can make a one-time contribution by credit card, or monthly through Patreon. Just click the pig to get started (and finished).